Want to take a cat nap? You may be deficient in Vitamin D!
Any time I am not feeling well, I look to vitamins. Through researching I found that a lot of people are deficient in Vitamin D. I found come research that suggested for every 25 pounds of body weight a person should take 1000 iu. (Disclaimer: I am NOT a doctor and ALWAYS check with your doctor before starting any vitamins!) Vitamin D helps with so many things such as but not limited to: regulating calcium, normal immune function, healthy bones and teeth, fights depression, helps with fatigue, and a ton more. Here is an article that I found will help you understand if you are deficient in vitamin D. Read this, you might learn something 🙂
Until next time…discuss your vitamin D level with your doctor.
While making my meal plans for the week, I came upon this gem. Disclaimer- I have not made it yet, but thought I would share it anyway!
Pesto Chicken Zoodles
One of the most ask questions I get is, “Do YOU take supplements?” Well yes, yes I do:) would like to share with you the supplements I take and why. Yo can click on any of the underlined words to read more about that particular vitamin:)
- Bone Health Pack-This includes Calcium Mag D, Bone Guard and Magnesium. Calcium helps your body absorb magnesium and this is the reason why it is a pill in one:) We all need calcium for strong healthy bones. We need magnesium for many reasons including higher energy levels, calms nerves, helps digestion, relieves muscle aches spasms, regulates levels of calcium, potassium and sodium. Helps with heart health, migraine headaches and prevents osteoporosis. Why I take it– I was getting muscle spasms and I looked up the reason why. It mentioned lack of magnesium. So I started taking magnesium and I no longer have muscles spasms.
- Balanced Health Omega (fish oil)– Supports memory, healthy skin, blood circulation, helps joints move more freely. Why I take it– No real reason but for the fact that I know it’s health for me.
- Cal Mag D and Vitamin D–As mentioned above, Calcium helps absorb magnesium. According to research (remember I am NOT a doctor), for every 25 pounds a person should take 1000iu of Vitamin D3. Vitamin D helps with regulating calcium, phosphorous, normal immune function, healthy bones and teeth, and fights depression. Why I take it– Again for muscle spasms and helps with my mood:)
- Concentrated Fruits and Vegetables– It is just what is says….fruits and vegetables! It helps with EVERYTHING! These vitamins give me my daily dose of fruits and veggies...(Disclaimer…I still eat my fresh fruits and veggies!! More is better for me in this situation.) Why I take it- I don’t like vegetables and don’t always get them in.
- Iron Folic– This has vitamin c in it which helps absorb the iron…BONUS! It simply gives me more energy. Why I take it– I am not so fatigue when taking iron.
- Hair, Skin and Nails– Well, you see, because I feel like I must take all these other vitamins, this one to me, is like my cherry on the ice cream. Why I take it– I don’t need it, but I like my hair, skin and nails looking shiny…just saying:)
- Joint Health- This contains 5-Loxin which I swear helps with glucosamine! This stuff rocks! This was actually one of the first vitamins I started taking from Nutrilite! Why I take it– I was having some issues with my knees. I started taking these, and within 2 weeks my knees were just fine. I think these vitamins are a must!! I don’t go one day with out them.
- Vitamin C- I simply like the extended release and who shouldn’t take this vitamin….ummm…no one.
- Digestive Probiotic– I started taking this just recently. Why I take it– As some of you may know from reading my other blogs, I was having some digestive issues. I started taking these, and whola….all is well:)
- Clear Guard and Echinacea – I take these when I am feeling any type of sickness coming on. Whether it be a cold, sinuses, achy or just unusual. These seem to kick it.
- Perfect water– I know you may think I am crazy, but I believe that this water is indeed Perfect is :
- Oxygen Rich
I don’t know about you, but I would rather have my pill box look like this than the alternative 🙂
Until next time….take the vitamins that work for you!
A simple morning routine I would like to share with you that has been very simple for me. My goals have been to intake more water, fruits and veggies, and probiotics.
- I have a bottle of water sitting on my night stand. Next to the bottle of water, sits my little package of probiotics. When I get up, I pour the package into the bottle. I drink that while getting ready for the day. I actually can easily drink that before I leave for work:)
- My new morning shake 🙂 I need to get in more fruits and veggies. I find this concoction to be pretty delicious. I throw this all in my bullet and it’s ready to go in seconds!
- Almond milk
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
- Lots of spinach
- Just a touch of honey
- Have you ever heard of “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”? I have been living by that lately too. So my morning snack is a delicious apple.
- For lunch, no matter what I have I make sure I have some cut up veggies ready to go. I recently have enjoyed fresh peppers.
- When I come home I usually grab a banana.
- For dinner I also make sure to have some kind of veggie.
I guess that’s a little bit more than my morning routine…a little bonus for you:)
Until next time…eat veggies and fruit!
2 Ingredient Crock Pot Recipe
Pretty simple really! Add chicken breasts to a slow cooker, cover with salsa, and put on low for 6-8 hours. I made my delicious paleo wraps to wrap my chicken in:) You could also put this on a salad or with sweat potatoes. Whatever floats your boat!
Until next time….no excuses…cook healthy food!
I was searching through old recipes and I came across this one that I use to love! It’s simple and of course delicious! You have to try it! It may just be your new staple!
Thai Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato
Here is a very easy and delicious slow cooker recipe. I made it a few weeks ago and will be making it again this week! Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Balsamic chicken and sausage!