- First apologize to all close family and friends that the first few weeks you may be a total #$%#$%%^. Why…because you are no longer going to eat all the process foods and crap that they eat which in turn is going to make you angry because you WANT to eat it because everyone else gets to, but you know that you shouldn’t and won’t.
- Expect to be exhausted! Yep, I know, but you are already tired. Well, sorry sister, but your body is so use to using sugar for energy that it can’t anymore. Deal with it! You will thank yourself later.
- For goodness sake…BE PREPARED!! Yes, take your whole Sunday and prepare your food. Yes, it’s going to take a good chunk of your Sunday (or whatever day you choose). But, I guarantee you will be much more successful during your crazy work week if you’re prepared. Usually I cook something in the crockpot, while something on the stove and in the meantime something in the oven. That is three meals per day for the week! Boom!
- Drink your water! And don’t just sip your water like you are drinking some delicious expensive hot tea. DRINK THE WATER! I have learned to drink 4 huge drinks each time I drink. Before ya know it, your first water bottle is gone! You will lose more weight, your skin will feel better, your breath will smell better, your organs will perform better and your exit system will be easier…(if ya get my drift).
- Take a good multi-vitamin and fish oil. Please do your research on this and don’t just choose the first one that you get your hands on. I believe in the Nutrilite products because I have done the research and know they are what they say they are.
- Have some almonds or protein bar with you at all times. There will be times when you are running late and you’re starving! You will be glad you have these handy.
- Eating out can be a bit tricky. First off, don’t go out to eat starving. If you can, eat something before you go. Order something grilled and with veggies. However, make sure to ask that the veggies are plain with nothing on them including butter etc. Because usually their butter is not just butter but other hidden ingredients. Side salads with dressing on the side is usually safe. Meat such as steak is usually safe, but again ask for it plain because they usually put some kind of sugary rub on it. Fish is a good idea….plain. Be careful of any salads besides a side salad because sometimes those even have hidden ingredients as well. Just be very mindful at what you are ordering and don’t be afraid to ask to have something specially made. Now-a-days with allergies and what not, asking for a “special order” is more common than you think.
- Have your mind set to begin with! If you are wishy washy about this new diet of yours…then your results will also be wishy washy!
- Get your schedule set! Exercise is very important to a healthy living lifestyle. Schedule in time for exercise. Just like you schedule in time for your favorite TV show or your child’s dance class, you can schedule in time for you to exercise.
- Write down your goals and how you are going to achieve each one. Make sure to be as specific as possible. Write down what your goal is (don’t make it too lofty that you can’t achieve it) and what you are going to do to achieve that goal. Do short term (within a month) and long term goals (with in 6 months or you could even do within a year). Here is a good blog on how to set goals if you want more info on this:) This one is good read too:)
- Post goals where you can see them every day! Revisit how you are doing with your goals and make necessary changes.
- Always keep in mind that failure leads to success! We all fail and get off the bandwagon, but use that as a learning experience and get right back at it. I would say this is probably the most important survival piece right here! Because a lot of people fail, and then they don’t know how to get back at it again. They feel like a failure and don’t realize that EVERYONE fails and in order to succeed you must learn from failure.
- SLEEP!! Nothing more to say to this than simply…SLEEP!
- Stretch...invest in a foam roller and a lacross ball. These will be your best friend!
- I will end with this one…always remember why you began this journey to begin with. I suggest you write it down and look at it every day. The newness wears off and the toughness will start to kick in and you will wonder why you even began this journey. This is the time to look back at why you began in the first place!
YOU WILL NEVER REGRET MAKING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHANGE! YOU MAY REGRET ONE DAY THAT YOU DIDN’T!
Unit next time…be the survivor!