It is now the 15th day of the new year! How are your goals going? Are you getting exhausted by changing up your schedule because you are hitting the gym more and doing a little bit more cooking? You are not alone! This is normal but don’t give up! Remember why you started this new journey. You want to look and feel good. Like I mentioned before, this is NOT going to be an easy task. It WILL be a challenge. Everything that is worth it in the end is ALWAYS a challenge. If it was easy, you would not feel a sense of accomplishment in the end. You would not learn anything through the process.
Here are a few helpful tips that I use to help things go more smoothly:
- BE PREPARED! I cook all my meals for the week on Sunday. I make my meal plan out and make my list of what I need to buy on Saturday. Then I hit the grocery store on Sunday and begin cooking. You choose what day works for you. Yes, it takes time. But, I only have one mess and one clean up for the entire week. When I get home, boom! I have meals for the week.
- I also make sure that I have all my veggies cut up for the week and place them in good sealed containers.
- Healthy snacks such as a variety of nuts, fruit, and boiled eggs available.
- I use my crockpot A LOT!
- I pack my lunch for the entire week and take it to work with my on Monday. I use a big ol’ thirty-one cooler.
- My work out bag is packed each night. As soon as I come home from the gym I unpack my workout bag from the clothes I wore for work (I change at work to go to the gym) and then I pack for the next day.
- You will always see a bottle of water with me.
- Call me crazy, but I also have a small section in my closet for what I am going to wear for the week. It takes time and effort to think of an outfit. I am not a morning person, and if this is already thought of and laid out for me in the morning…well my friends, that just saved me about 10 minutes!
- My workout bag contains everything I would need at the gym. Again I have a thirty-one bag that has pockets on the outside of it. My jump rope, lacrosse balls, wrist wraps, water bottle, deodorant, weightlifting belt, shoes, an extra pair of socks, weightlifting shoes, workout book, and whatever else I need. This way I don’t have to worry about what I need it is all in my bag.
- A set schedule for the gym. My friends and family know when I work out. I schedule all appointments around my gym time. If you do not have the same work schedule every day then each week sit down and make your work out schedule. Tell your family what it is so that they know to schedule things around it. We are all busy, but if you schedule in a work out just like you do with everything else, then it will more likely happen. If you don’t schedule it now, you will be forced to schedule doctor appointments later.
These are just a few ways that help me to make life go easier. The biggest thing is to BE PREPARED! I can not stress enough how important that is. Our lives are just too hectic during the work week to have to deal with food and all the extras. Be ready for the week on Sunday night.
Until next time…keep at it you are worth it!