What’s the secret every one asks? Do you have a pill that I can take? You mean I really have to exercise? I actually can’t eat the whole piece of pie? You can’t mean to tell me that I can’t stop at McDonalds every morning for breakfast. But, I can’t afford the healthy stuff.
These are all questions and statements that I hear that baffle me sometimes.
What’s the secret every one asks? The secret is stop eating all the junk food you have been eating and get your butt off the couch and get some exercise in your day! Bottom line! There is no secret about it. The less bad calories you eat the better off you are. The more you move the more your blood flows through your body and the better off it is!
Is there a pill? Sure there are lots of pills. Talk to your doctor and see if there is one that works for you, but I will also guarantee that he/she will also tell you to quit eating all the junk and to get moving!
You mean I really have to exercise? Yep!
I can’t eat the entire pie? Nope!
You can’t tell me I can’t stop at McDonalds every morning for breakfast. Nope you are right, I can’t tell you to do anything. But, I can tell you the facts about McDonald’s foods and how you can be spending that money on healthier foods at the grocery store.
But, it’s expensive. Nope, it really isn’t. If you shop smart you will even save money:)
What motivates me?
- Exercise! I found a gym that motivates me in a healthy way. The people are like my family. We all cheer each other on and encourage each other and understand the discipline. I look forward to the gym every day. You need to find something that works for you. A lot of gyms have a free week. There are a lot of exercises that you can do at your home or even outside.
- Work out buddy! When I don’t want to go to the gym, I think of my work out buddy and how she will be there and if I am not she is concerned. I need that:) Find a friend that will be your accountable friend.
- Clothes! I love cute clothes:) Especially work out clothes. When I have had too many sweets or just falling off the bag wagon and my jeans are getting a little tight, I get on line and look for something fun for me to buy. However, I don’t buy it until I have achieved my fitness goal:) Right now it’s a pair of yoga pants!
- Food! Finding new recipes and trying them out! I love doing this. I am not the best cook in the world, but when I find a new recipe and it turns out delicious, I get excited! Find some new easy healthy recipes and give it a try!
- Inspiration! I love to be inspired by others and I love to inspire others:) My mom has always been my inspiration, however lately she has been even more of one (if that’s possible). She has taken it upon herself to lose 40+ pounds by taking her dog for a walk every morning on a bike trail. She use to hate to exercise, but now loves her walks! She is eating healthy and loving life! People like this inspire me to want to be a healthier person and to help others to be healthier too:)
- My health biz! How can I not be healthy and own my own health biz….that’s just like saying that I am a swim coach and can’t or have never swam before in my life…it just doesn’t make sense:)
Do I get lazy once in awhile? Yes
Do I want to give up? Yes
Do I eat off limit foods? Yes
Am I human? Yes
Bottom line that I have learned over the years about health…
Get rid of all excuses, change up recipes every so often, and simply enjoy exercising and be thankful that I CAN exercise!
Until next time…find out what motivates you!