Summer is here! Which also means we need to keep drinking our water and more of it!
I recently read an article from Bodybuilding.com that discusses the importance of water. I wanted to share with you some of the high-lights I took out from the article.
- Removes toxins- GET THIS….study have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat.
- You can not live with out water…well.. past 3 days that is!
- Water makes up 85% of your brain, 80% of your blood, and 70% of your muscles. Therefore, if you want any of them to work properly then you need to drink water.
- You can get water from vegetables, fruit, tea, coffee etc. But, coffee and tea are diuretics therefore stealing precious water from the body. So I wouldn’t necessarily count those as part of your daily water intake.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger for daytime fatigue! A 2% reduce in water can be the cause of memory fatigue!
- The carbohydrates and proteins that our bodies use as food are metabolized and transported by water in the bloodstream.
- Water is essential for proper circulation in our bodies!
- Regulates cooling system.
This article goes a little bit more in depth with some of the science of it all. It also gives 10 reasons to consume water rather than soft drinks. Click here for more information.
Until next time… want to lose weight.. simply drink water!