If you are like many people in this world with lower back pain then I have some good stretches for you! Did you know that lower back pain is due to many things and one being tight hamstrings? That is what I am going to focus on today.
How to stretch your hamstrings:
1. Jill Tomich suggest to use a tennis Ball and stand on it. Start on the ball of your foot with the tennis ball for about 30 seconds, move the ball 1.5″ down for up to 30 seconds, keep moving the ball down your foot. Then bring it back up to the inside of your foot. Heck do this one while you are doing the dishes! Click here and scroll down to Stretches.
2. Kelly Starrett suggest to use a Lacrosse ball sit on it right off of your sit bone and move your torso back and forth like you were doing a dead lift. Do this one while your at home watching your favorite show on TV! Click here and scroll down to Stretches.
3. Got Function has another stretch that is pretty darn simple. Use a door way! I set my timer for 2 minutes for each stretch. It is very relaxing and it works! Do this one too while you are watching TV or scrolling through Facebook! Click here and scroll down to Stretches.
4. Again, Kelly Starrett has a simple way to reduce back pain. Again, it is related to your hamstrings. You just have to watch, he explains it much better ….hehehe…. Click here and scroll down to Stretches.
5. Here is a bunch of free u-tubes from Kelly Starrett! MobilityWOD is the ultimate guide to resolving pain, preventing injury, and optimizing athletic performance. Humans have been evolving for 2.5 million years and the human body is extraordinarily engineered. While people are born with this incredible machine, they aren’t born with the right software to run that machine. Click here and scroll down to Stretches.
Until next….stretch those hammies!