Any time you change your nutrition plan, always keep in mind a few important facts (especially if you are cutting out dairy, wheat, legumes and gluten which is paleo, whole 30 or primal).
What you may be feeling:
1. Your body is going through changes. Remember when you knew you were going on this “diet” and you loaded up with all those amazing and wonderful foods that you just knew you HAD to have because you thought you would NEVER have them again? Well, depending on how much you chose to indulge in depends on how crappy you will be feeling in the next few days.
2. Headaches, fatigue, and general malaise during this part of the program (especially whole30) is completely normal. Your body is wanting to use sugar for energy rather than the good stuff. You can do this!
3. Everyone goes through this phase at a different rate. Some may take longer than others. It really depends on how much of the poisons you consumed prior to your new you!
What can you do to overcome this stage:
1. Drink water, tea, a cup of coffee:)
2. Get plenty of rest.
3. Make sure to have your refrigerator FULL of healthy foods that you can grab when hungry.
4. To get your mind off of the slump read up on whole30. This is a really good resource that explains what you may be going through while detoxing your body. I also believe that it is true if you are detoxing your body with paleo and primal as well:) Click here for that information.
My two cents:
Think about why you are doing this? In my opinion you should be doing this for YOU and only YOU. Your family, friends, or a loved one or a challenge for that matter, should only be a helpful motivator for you. You are doing this for you because you want to live, be healthy, and no what it is like to live a healthy life style. Once you do my friends, I promise you, you will not want to go back!!!
Until next time…keep that chin up and stay strong!