July = Drink water
July is the heat of the summer. Which means you need to be hydrated! Read this article from Mayo Clinic. This explains how much water you need, what is counted toward your amount per day, if you exercise, the environment you are in, if you’re pregnant, if you have any illness or health conditions and much more. Basically, The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.
No, I do not get 9 glasses of water in a day. I have always struggled with this, thus it’s going to be my challenge as well. Here is how I am going to get my water intake in a day. You can try these tricks too:)
1. Drink 1/2 a bottle of Perfect Water before I even put my feet on the ground when I wake up (I actually started doing this 2 weeks ago and it works really well). Just a little side note about this water. This water seems to go down so smoothly when I drink it. Get this…. it’s refreshing drinking water infused with MBO, a proprietary process that stabilizes oxygen in the water. Click here for more information on Perfect Water.
2. Finish the remaining bottle before I leave in the morning. So there is is 16.9 ounces down!! Boom!…about 4 1/2 more to go! Ok..we will round it up to 5…ya know… just to be safe:)
3. That leaves me with 5 bottles remaining… alright that’s easy enough…1 before lunch, 1 at lunch, 1 after lunch and finish on the way to the gym, 1 after the gym on the way home, and 1 at home before bed! Perfect (ha…no pun intended).
4. You can do the same thing! We could even simply use a water bottle and having it handy all day long. I always see people caring water bottles with them. I always have a Perfect Water in my car and available in any room (seriously I do:P )
5. Mark a water bottle with marks on it that shows how much you need to drink by X time frame.
6. If you don’t like the water at work, take your own:)
7. If ya don’t like my ideas read these:
♦ Read 23 Tips For Drinking More water– 23 amazing ways to drink water. I like the frozen fruit idea personally and every time ya walk by a drinking fountain take a sip…duh!
♦ Spice up Plain Drinking – I don’t like the flavor packets on this one because I just don’t agree with the ingredients in them, but the rest of this page I like:)
There ya have it folks! No excuse! Drink your water!
Be checking back for tried and true ways to get your H2O in!